Product & Tech teams design and ship new products and services quickly from concept to launch – products and services that will impact the lives of millions. The Scrum Master will lead and motivate our product development teams by coming up with and driving innovative and measurable solutions to maximize efficiency for our development teams, while creating the best product experiences for our customers.
She/he will be responsible for defining and managing programs of large scope, impact, and complexity through all phases of the product life-cycle. This role will also be looked at to help define and evolve processes that help the organization be more effective. This role will manage interdependencies and integration among multiple projects, teams, and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be energized about doing all of this, while keeping the big picture in mind and ensuring our development teams are able to deliver on key metrics such as product engineering velocity, revenue, customer satisfaction, and operational efficiency.
This position is an individual contributor role that reports to C-Level
What you will do
- Manage decomposition of product development work across multiple delivery teams.
- Collaborate across organizational boundaries to define program interdependencies and release plans.
- Work with / assist scrum teams on planning activities for scope commitments.
- Act as scrum master for select team(s) to ensure daily stand ups, proper backlog grooming, sprint planning, end of spring demos and stakeholder updates.
- Keep executives and business teams updated on key project timelines, metrics, and results.
- Partner with product managers to define end to end launch plans and identify gaps. Include key partners such as Design, IX, Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Finance, Support, etc.
- Define communication plan for product squads. Lead communication within the team, to stakeholders and at cross-functional meetings.
- Own reporting against progress for product commitments and overall company schedule(s).
- Ensure adherence to engineering SDLC and visibility to release management (e.g. release targets updated during sprint planning).
- Identify and track risks to engineering delivery and overall program schedule.
- Identify and improve standard processes at the team or organizational level.
- Some travel required, including possibly international. (~10%)
Who are we looking for?
- 3-5 years leading complex, cross-functional, co-located product squads
- Experience building strong cross-team relationships and partnerships
- Proficient using Atlassian Toolset: Jira, Confluence
- Proven experience and ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, release management, and software engineering.
- Fluent in English
- Equally confident in leading discussions with executive team members as working with software developers.
- Experience in a company that has scaled or experience in both small-scale and large-scale software development organizations.
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity, establishing win-win outcomes, defining next steps, and driving successful execution of plans in a rapidly growing and changing environment.
- Strong business acumen and technical background, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across wide-ranging audiences.
- Experience leading teams building marketplaces, support, or e-commerce services.
- Ability to lead without authority to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Certifications: CSM, CSP, PMP or similar
Your contact person: Gerhard Kreuch
We offer an attractive salary for this position based on your qualifications and experience. Austrian law requires us to post a minimum salary for this position, which is € 50.000,- gross per year (for a full-time job). We are looking for someone permanent or a freelancer. Of course we are ready to pay more. We will treat your application in strict confidence!