SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
The Country Finance Director (FD) will be leading the finance organization in Austria, which includes the following functions: Accounting & Reporting, Purchasing, Finance IT, Payroll, Tax, Treasury and Insurance & Risk Management. More specifically, the FD is responsible for:
- Day-to-day leadership and performance management of the finance teams, processes and activities (reliable, effective, efficient), including the development of strong teams;
- Driving the implementation of standard processes and systems (Finance Blueprint), in close collaboration and alignment with the Business and Group Finance function;
- Partnering with Divisional Business Leaders and supporting decision making processes, while ensuring financial discipline across the different Business Lines (cash flow generation, cost management, ad hoc support).
POSITION & OBJECTIVES:
Day-to-day leadership and performance management of the finance teams, processes and activities (reliable, effective, efficient), including the development of strong teams:
Organization and Management
- Organize and manage the different finance functions (Accounting & Controlling; Treasury, Tax & Legal; Credit & Collections; Purchasing; Payroll and Finance IT);
- Define and manage overall performance by target setting & monitoring, including the definition of corrective actions when & where needed;
- Inspire, motivate, develop and strengthen teams.
Accounting & reporting
- Manage accounting & month-end closing processes, ensuring reliable & timely closing and reporting of all Eurofins national entities to local and Group management;
- Manage the relationship with Auditing and Accounting firms during interim and annual reviews;
- Ensure proper controls are put in place, supervise the application of the group manual of procedures;
- Support and bring contribution to the Business Unit Managers in their business management role and when they set up their annual budgets.
Credit & Collections
- Coordinate the credit collections activities, which are performed by collection agents located in the different Business Units;
- Manage credit collection, litigations and bad debt recovery.
Treasury, Tax, Legal & Risk Management
- Active management of Net Cash, Cash Flow and Net Working Capital. Propose, validate and implement corrective actions to keep these metrics in line with the levels of activity and agreed targets;
- Manage the relationship with local banks and Group Treasury for financing activities, and ensure optimized banking processes are in place.
- Monitor and improve the national insurance policies, identify areas of over- and underinsurance;
- Provide legal advice to business managers on contractual matters & litigations (commercial, social & labor laws);
- Ensure compliance to tax laws and regulations; including supporting tax planning, returns & reporting, contract management and archiving (Corporate Data Room) while acting as a point of contact to local / tax authorities.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies in close collaboration with Group Purchasing, in order to obtain significant cost savings and manage Total Cost of Ownership, while ensuring minimum quality and service levels;
- Manage and optimize the procurement processes, systems and tools, in order to ensure effective and efficient procurement of goods and services;
- Ensure group wide reporting on purchase and the calculation of savings obtained (purchase database);
Payroll and HR administration
- Manage the payroll and HR administration, in order to ensure employees are properly administered and paid;
- Ensure compliance with social & labor laws and regulations.
- Define and manage together with Finance IT and the local team and in close cooperation with the Group Finance IT Service Center all relevant IT projects in the area of Finance and Purchasing (e.g. migration to new software versions, integration of new companies, etc).
- Define, implement and ensure application of optimized and harmonized processes in line with the Group standard in the area of Finance and Purchasing.
Driving the implementation of standard processes and systems (Finance Blueprint), in close collaboration and alignment with the Business and Group Finance function:
- Active contribution and validation of the design of standard Group-wide Finance & Purchasing processes, as proposed by Group Finance;
- Drive the implementation of these standard processes, KPI’s and controls across the different businesses and functions.
Partnering with Divisional Business Leaders and supporting decision making processes, while ensuring financial discipline across the different business lines (cash flow generation, cost management, ad hoc support).
- Manage the budget cycle in close cooperation with the division controllers (process, templates, timelines, guidelines) and support business leaders with the development of their budget;
- Monthly review of results & performance management against agreed targets and budget projections. Deliver reforecast of the year-end figures in case of significant deviations and/or if required by Group Management;
- Manage financial discipline, including cost controlling. Propose, validate and implement corrective actions to keep operating and overhead costs in line with the levels of activity and agreed targets;
- Support Sales Managers in defining and implementing sales rules (financial conditions, discount, terms of payment, general terms of sales) or when writing particular contracts that require specific financing;
- Analyse the profitability of different services sold, business lines, clients or client groups and provide proposals to improve the sales mix.
- Results oriented;
- High level of energy, drive and passion to succeed;
- Change agent, „can do“-mindset constantly challenging „status quo“;
- Very structured with strong organisational skills;
- Very accurate and highly reliable;
- Pragmatic, proactive, flexible and adaptable;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner;
- Good communication skills;
- People Manager and motivator.
- Education Master Degree in Finance/Accounting/Engineering or equivalent.
- English and German (fluent written and spoken);
- 7-10 years of experience, of which at least 2-3 years in a similar position.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in services sector or in a small / mid-size company operating in a very competitive / cost-sensitive sector.
- Proven leadership experience and responsibilities.
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.