Biogen in Vienna is hiring a Sr Manager, Market Access, Alzheimer (AD).
The purpose of this role is to lead the payer related activities for Aducanumab (AD) and other Alzheimer’s products in Austria.
· Gather and communicate the payer needs in Austria, coordinates the product plan for market access, participate in teleconferences, core product team meetings.
· Establish relations and gather relevant information a out the needs of Alzheimer´s Patient organizations in Austria (in strong collaboration with medical, field access position)
· Participates actively in industry associations working groups, drive or initiate Alzheimer’s Disease initiatives to promote state of the art DMT treatment for the target population
· Ensure local cross functional work with public affairs, patient advocacy, medical, commercial and other departments to condition the market for the arrival of a DMT in Alzheimer’s Disease
· Work closely with the Global V&A AD team to ensure appropriateness of materials delivered. Partner and collaborate on timelines, strategic and tactical plans and KPIs.
· Prepare and/or drives preparation of all local payer related materials needed for Market Access Success
· Prepares the scientific and economic dossiers for submission, prepares pricing discussions, and meets the stakeholders, all in strong alignment and/or together with Head of External Affairs & Market access, an the local Country Manager/Leadership team.
· Drive local data generation, to fill payer evidence gaps, liaise closely with global V&A to ensure alignment to strategy and other initiatives for data generation
· Contributes to x-functional strategic account plans and brand strategy
· Follows the local regulations on prices
· Prepare for reimbursement negotiations; create the framework and optimal access agreement with all negotiation steps carefully planned.
· Leads the budget process for Market access in Austria with regards to the DMT in AD
· Supports/Shapes healthcare environment in Austria. Collaborates closely with lead of MOB (MS/Orphan drugs/BBU Market Access Lead) and the field access/PAG mgr.
Master’s in health economics, or law, natural science such as pharmacology, molecular biology, medicine
· Ideally 7+ years in pharmaceutical industry, minimum 6 in local Market Access function
· Significant experience in direct interaction with local payers at all levels and a proven track record of access successes
· Strong network in the external stakeholder field and used to collaborate with industry associations
· Fluent in German languages and English
· Strong knowledge of the Austrian healthcare system and strong understanding of patient pathway in Austria at retail and Hx products
· Experience in the Neuroscience with innovative drugs desired
· Experience to work with Patient advocacy groups
· Experience in launching and track record of launch/access successes in a new therapeutic area
· Excellent communicator (internal & external) and able to build relationships
Demonstrated success in the following key areas
· Formulating and implementing effective payer related strategies
· Budget management
· Effectively working with and driving cross functional teams
Developing business cases to recommend and rationalize investments and other strategic actions