At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day.
Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology.
Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
For our team located in Vienna, Austria we are looking for :
Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager acts within the boundaries of the contract with the full authority to deliver the object of the contract to the customer and to deliver the targeted margin to Bombardier.
To this effect, the Project Manager leads the Project Core Team in the successful completion of their assigned tasks within schedule, allocated budgets and scope to the required quality.
The Project Manager will lead the project and cope with the unique challenge of continually focusing on a pro-active management that the functions keep their delegated budgets, meet their schedules and deliver on their obligation.
He / She is responsible to apply the key Project Management Processes and the applicable tools for the implementation, and is accountable for the strict and efficient application thereof.
The Project Manager has to ensure that all Project Core Team members have sufficient financial and reporting governance and to ensure all risks and opportunities are properly addressed and mitigated.
Key duties / responsibilities :
1. Responsible for the Detailed Project Schedule, Customer Interface, Project Risk, Opportunity and Improvement Management, Project Launch, Change Management and Contractual Obligation Management, Budget allocation and monitoring, Project Reporting internally both status and financial performance
2. Has the authority and the obligation to review the effort of the Project Core Team members and to give directives related to the project execution, as such will be involved in the PMP objective setting process for all Project Core Team
3. Defines and secures the support of the business partners and extended project team
4. Responsible for management of all communication with the Customer, communication to the Product Development Manager as well as potential Project Managers of collaborating Value Chain Entities
5. Lead the Project Core Team effort to meet periodic financial targets. (S)he will develop must do strategies to increase team effectiveness
6. Adapts the allocation of work packages between the roles and the day-to-day delegation of special tasks to the Project Core Team members in order to optimize the total project
7. Manage all contracts under responsibility of the portfolio in order to deliver scope as contracted and within the budget while seeking for optimum margin and customer satisfaction
8. Implementing the project management strategy, capability and culture within the portfolio and supporting the increase of its effectiveness
The minimum salary for this position is EUR 3.707,64 per month (14 x) for full time employment according to the collective bargaining agreement.
Overpayment depends on relevant work experience and qualifications.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio.
It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services.
Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment.
Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.